12 interesting things about green Kiwi
Talk about kiwifruit, do you know what kind of kiwi and where is the best place to grow it in the world? – That is green kiwi in New Zealand.
This is where the world’s leading green kiwi standards and quality are concerned. So what makes it so special? Let’s explore 12 interesting things about Kiwi.
- Kiwi is considered a premium fruit containing twice the vitamin C content of an orange.
- It also contains high levels of beneficial micronutrients, vitamins, and of course low in fat and sodium and has a low GI (glycaemic index).
- With only one Kiwi per day can provide enough vitamin C a day for you.
- Just 2 slices of kiwi every day is that you provide about 15% of the daily potassium requirement for your child and about 10% of the potassium needs for your body.
- Contains vitamins, polyphenols and carotenoids to fight damage caused by free cells.
- Kiwi is a good source of soluble and insoluble fiber. Of course, we need to eat both types of fiber in our daily meals.
- This fruit also contains natural sources of vitamin E and good fats to support the heart and fight chronic diseases.
- In Kiwi containing Actinidin – a good enzyme to break proteins.
- Kiwi fruit is one of the “companions” in the weight loss process of women.
- Thanks to this fruit, diabetics will not be bored with dessert because eating kiwi fruit does not increase blood sugar quickly.
- Your immune system, especially children, will always be well protected with kiwifruit.
- Kiwi contains Folic Acid which is necessary for pregnant women to support the developing fetus and healthy genetics.
Learn how to draw a Kiwi fruit