5 interesting things about watermelon
Before learning how to draw a watermelon, let’s learn some interesting facts about this fruit:
- Watermelon comes from Africa: Referring to watermelon, everyone knows its sweet and cool taste. However, not everyone knows where watermelon comes from. Archaeologists have found this fruit in hieroglyphics as well as drawings carved in tombs in Egypt – Africa. Research suggests that the ancient Egyptians cultivated this fruit 2 thousand BC. After a while, watermelons began to spread to the Mediterranean countries and Europe before reaching the Americas. The popularity of watermelon is thought to come from the slave trade and exchange in the old regime. China is currently the largest watermelon growing and exporting country.
- Watermelon belongs to the berry subspecies: Although watermelon is often included in the table of fruits with apples, pears, grapefruits,… but actually belongs to the berry subspecies. Is a berry form, named Cucurbitaceae pepo. The berry group Cucurbitaceae pepo usually has a hard outside, soft inside.
- 92% of watermelons are made up of water: Water is the main constituent of watermelon, which makes up 92% of watermelons. So watermelon is used as an effective food in providing water for the body. In addition, watermelon has been shown to reduce body temperature as well as blood pressure. For the above benefit, in tropical countries, people eat watermelon everyday to avoid heat stroke.
- Not all melons are red (or yellow): The identifying feature that everyone thinks of when it comes to watermelon is a fruit with red flesh, green skin, and many seeds. However, in addition to the red watermelon variety, there are other colors such as Yellow doll melon with orange-yellow flesh or Cream of Saskatchewan melon with light green flesh.
- Watermelon is extremely good for your health: In addition to being water, watermelon is also rich in anti-aging ingredients such as vitamin A and vitamin C, minerals such as potassium, phytonutrients and has almost no cholesterol, fat or sodium. Watermelon is also a rich source of minerals, citrulline, amino acids that are beneficial for maintaining the health of blood vessels.
Easy to draw a Watermelon drawing
Hope you enjoy my watermelon drawing!