10 interesting facts about turtles
Everyone has heard of the “Turtle and Rabbit” story, right? Besides the amazing “agility” of the Turtle, what else do you know about this animal? Join us to discover interesting facts about this animal below!
- Turtles have existed for a very long time, about over 220 million years ago.
- There are about 300 species of turtles.
- Antarctica is the only continent not inhabited by turtles.
- You can guess the gender of the turtle from the noise it makes. The male will growl and the female will hiss.
- When turtles hibernate their blood acts as an anticoagulant, which allows them to withstand very cold temperatures.
- Not all turtles are hibernating.
- After mating, some female turtles can take up to 4 years to lay eggs.
- All turtles lay eggs on land, not water.
- Some tortoises are agile enough to run away from humans.
- Turtles, along with water snakes, crocodiles, dolphins and whales, will drown if kept under water for too long.
The above 10 things about turtles are interesting, right? Next, let’s learn how to draw a turtle!
How to draw a turtle – easy drawings