7 interesting facts about the fly
- Flies belong to the insect order Diptera, meaning “two-winged”. Unlike other insects, flies have only two wings and use their hind legs to balance while flying.
- Flies have highly evolved eyes, with over 4,000 lenses in each eye that give them 360-degree vision and the ability to see in all directions.
- Flies have a unique mouth structure that allows them to liquefy their food and suck it up like a straw.
- Flies have a quick and efficient digestive system that allows them to eat and lay eggs within hours of hatching.
- Flies are important pollinators and help in the dispersal of seeds, playing a crucial role in the ecosystem.
- Flies have a very short lifespan, typically living for only a few days to a few weeks.
- Flies have a unique defense mechanism known as the “fly swatter response”, which allows them to rapidly escape danger by flying in a zigzag pattern that makes it difficult for predators to catch them.
Easy to draw a Fly for newbies
Step-by-step drawings for beginners: Coffee drawing
10 steps to draw a fly
Here is a step-by-step guide to drawing a fly:
- Start by drawing a small circle for the head and two smaller circles for the eyes.
- Draw the body by sketching a slightly elongated oval that connects to the head.
- Sketch the legs by drawing four thin rectangles, two on each side of the body.
- Draw the wings by sketching two small, narrow rectangles on the back of the body.
- Sketch the antennae by drawing two thin, wavy lines that extend from the top of the head.
- Add details to the eyes by drawing small circles within the larger circles.
- Draw the fly’s proboscis (tongue) by sketching a thin, elongated rectangle that extends from the head.
- Sketch the legs by adding small, thin rectangles to the legs to represent the joints.
- Draw the veins in the wings by sketching thin, wavy lines on the surface of the rectangles.
- Finally, shade in the fly’s body to give it more depth and dimension.
And there you have it, a simple fly drawing! Keep practicing, and you’ll be able to create your own unique version of a fly in no time!