Before learning how to draw giraffe, let find out giraffe information, together.
10 surprising and interesting facts about giraffes
- Giraffe is the tallest mammal in the world, their legs alone are as tall as an adult people, about 180 cm.
- Giraffes can run at speeds of 56 km/h at short distance and 16 km/h at long distance.
- Although they have very long legs, their necks are not as long as those feet. As a result, they often “awkward” form the front leg or kneel down to drink water.
- Giraffes only need to drink water once for many days. The large amounts of water they absorb from the plants they eat.
- Giraffes spend most of their life in standing position, even when they sleep and give birth in this position.
- Baby giraffes can get up and walk a few hours after birth, after a few weeks, they start to look for the first leaves.
- Although carefully protected by their mothers, many young giraffes were attacked and eaten by predators, leopards, and African wild dogs in the first months of life.
- Giraffe’s spots are like fingerprints in humans. Never two individuals are exactly alike in body spotting.
- Both male and female giraffes have two horns, the hair covering the horns is called ossicones. Sometimes male giraffes use horns to fight other males.
- Giraffes only sleep about 5 to 30 minutes a day. They usually take short naps only about once every 2 minutes.
Easy to draw a baby giraffe step by step